Designing for better visibility, safety, and operator experience
In case you missed it, CIT is back with The Cab of The Future 2.0. More features, more benefits – and intensive, innovative design thinking that has resulted in improving operator performance and experience. So whether you’re in the construction, material handling, industry or utility markets – this is very positive news for you! Especially since this cab can be customized for your industry and operators.
It’s news because innovation is at the heart of the design. This represents a transformational leap forward with cab performance, capabilities and experience.
As Jay Atkinson, the Head of Design at CIT put it – “for many years cab enclosures has started with a box. So, when you add features such as glass, doors and control – you’re just refining a flawed approach. We didn’t want slight improvements to the old paradigm. We wanted real innovation. Who wants more features on something that has significant limitations to begin with?”
Our design team started with creating an ideal operator experience that is based on real customer / operator complaints. This is the foundation of our innovative approach to creating The Cab of The Future 2.0.
Here’s eight reasons you’re going to love the cab of the future:
- 360 degree visibility
- 20 degree tilt feature
- Full vision escape hatch
- Push-out rear glass panel
- Recessed slider
- Optional heat and/or air conditioning
- Available as a fully integrated “plug and play” cab
- Customer specified components can be added
Here are the 9 benefits (you’ll call them advantages):
- Better safety and efficiency
- Better load visibility
- Overhead escape door which is an additional exit point for operator
- Ability to see overhead through the escape door
- Better overall ventilation
- More comfortable environment for the operator
- Take it out of the crate, mount and plug it in. No additional installation needed
- Customize the cab specifically for your industry/operators
- More finished look to cab side
And…*drum roll* we will be debuting the cab of the future at CONEXPO 2017 in Las Vegas on March x 2017.
But, if you’d like an early briefing and discussion of capabilities, please call Mike Owens at 866-439-1493 ext. 266.