18 Apr 2014
They weren’t so happy to have their picture taken (see pics), but we had 10 supervisors/ group leaders trained in First Aid/ CPR / AED last week. We have purchased an AED unit and it should be delivered around the beginning of May. Employee safety is important here at CIT, and although we hope we don’t need to use this training because we have trained them well on prevention, it is better to be safe than sorry.
10 Apr 2014
“Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.”
― E. Joseph Cossman
At CIT we have set the goal of “World Class Company”. If you research this online you will find that it is much more than just Quality or ISO certification, it is the totality of your business.
For example some techniques are:
- Make-to-order – CIT has our own Design/ Engineering department for new product development
- Streamlined flow – CIT has our facility set up so that products are streamlined machine to machine, and department to department. Raw material comes in one end of the building and goes out the other as complete products.
- Small lot sizes- CIT breaks down the run quantities to maximize efficiency while minimizing slow moving inventory.
- Families of parts – CIT manufactures similar part families within the same work cell
- Doing it right the first time – CIT has meetings daily with supervisors as well as job kick off meetings to ensure all are aware of the expectations before they start, ideally to exceed customer expectations
- Cellular manufacturing – This also goes hand in hand with our streamlined flow how our work cells are located to maximize product flow.
- Total preventative maintenance – By tracking and documenting the maintenance on our equipment, we schedule preventative maintenance BEFORE there are problems
- Quick changeover – CIT designs and builds most of our fixtures in house, by doing this they are built specifically for our needs
- Zero Defects – Our job is to correct and prevent defective parts reaching the customer
- Just-in-time – Our customer’s keep us updated with monthly reports on our on time delivery, we will continue assessing this to reach goals and reduce lead times
- High employee involvement – We strive to keep employees involved and aware by utilizing their ideas to make company wide improvements
- Cross functional teams – This is necessary to cross train employees, not only for staffing, illness issues, but so that employees are aware of cause and effect of their task
- Multi-skilled employees – Most of our Supervisors/Leads actually worked in their department prior to being promoted, they are hands on and typically able to do multiple jobs within the work cells
- Statistical process control – CIT is working on this area so that we can get a better handle on where and how improvements can be made. We currently review PPM’s by the entire plant as well as by product line.
28 Mar 2014
This is pretty awesome, we have been featured on OEM Off Highways’s web site… check it out
19 Mar 2014
The recap from our ConAgg Expo show:
It went really well, we had about fifty solid leads, met a lot of great people, and even encountered bees… yes BEES!! (see attached pics)
Thank you to those that came out and visited our booth. We got to meet with some folks from Ditch Witch, Terramac, Manitowoc, Manitou, KATV, and Watson just to name a few. We had some great products to show off and also saw a lot of great products and opportunities. It was pretty much the bees knees… oh yeah bees, our container to pack up and return our products back to Indiana got to be a temporary home/ hive for some bees.
06 Jan 2014
With each new year there are changes. With this new year we as a company are setting our own resolutuions. We are continuing to focus on our customer’s needs and our growth as a company as we make improvements and changes as well. We even have a new trick up our sleeve we will be unveiling at the ConAg Show coming up March 4-8, 2014 in Las Vegas. So on that note we would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year!